Family Tree Break
I have an ancestor who was married but her husbands family does not show on my family tree.
Trying to find my relationship there is a break at his family and none of his family shows up.
Unless you provide a profile ID so we can take a look, no one here can help you. If you prefer more private help, request an appointment for a Free Research Consultation.0
Paul W ✭✭✭✭✭
You do not have your own tree - just relating branches within the Family Tree project.
If family members cannot be seen it is probably because they are still living, so only visible within the "private space" of the user who created them.
I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly) this is the problem here. Otherwise, you should be able to view (practically) all the deceased persons who have been added to Family Tree, by any user. They (even the deceased) might be a little difficult to find, as they will have been added to an (invisible to you) living person.
You might have success in finding a "missing" individual by going to https://www.familysearch.org/search/tree/name and entering details that were likely to have been inputted against the profile(s) when they were added to Family Tree. Again, no living persons (except added by you) will show up.0
ggeis3988840 If you do not give us the PID of the female ancestor, we can only speculate. Perhaps there is no proof of the marriage. No records have been found and thus the man was never added. Perhaps there has never been any interest in this daughter. Perhaps if you look at her siblings and parents, others are well documented because there are descendants who are interested in their direct lines only and have never researched beyond their direct ancestors. Also no one alive ever shows.0
My anccestor has a direct line to me, and I have a marriage date, I have found documentation showing their marriage but have not placed into source, I will do this later today. Will this make a difference?0
Gordon Collett ✭✭✭✭✭
A few questions to clarify the issue:
- Where are you working in Family Tree and on what device?
- When you say the husband's family does appear in your lines (not your tree, you have individual tree, the the common one we all work in), where do they not appear? On a pedigree chart? Which one? Or Elsewhere?
- Does the husband show up anywhere in Family Tree? Does he have parents anywhere in Family Tree?
- Could it be that no one has ever entered any information for his family in Family Tree?
- When you say "trying to find my relationship," what do you mean? Are you using the View My Relationship feature? It is rather limited and probably just can't do what you are trying to do.
Assuming his family does show up somewhere in Family Tree but just not on a pedigree chart, I would troubleshoot this by doing the following.
- Go to your Detail page (not a pedigree view).
- Scroll down to the Family Members section. Do you have just one set of parents or are there duplicates?
- Click on the direct descendant of this female ancestor where the trouble is, whether your mother or father to go to that person's detail page.
- Again scroll down to the Family Members section. Does your parent have just one set of parents or are there duplicates? If duplicates, then merge them.
- Once more click on the direct descendant of this female ancestor where the trouble is, whether your grandmother or grandfather to go to that person's detail page.
- Continue to repeat this, each time checking for duplicate parents and merging if necessary, until you arrive at your direct line female ancestor's detail page.
- Scroll to her Family Members section. Is her husband there? If not, add him. If he is, then click on his name to go to his detail page and scroll down. Does he have any parents? Does he have duplicate parents?
If his family is just not in Family Tree, then if you want to see them there, you will have do add them.0