1900 Census Glitch - record shows head's information duplicated instead of household member names
There seems to be a glitch in this record, where the head of household's information is duplicated, and his wife's information doesn't show up at all. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? When I visit the 1900 census record for John H Kurtz at https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M3S5-KX8 both household members are listed as "John H Kurtz". So, there is "John H Kurtz", and "John H Kurtz", instead of the information for his wife, Linnie. Also, if I try to attach it, it shows two "John H Kurtz's" in the source linker, instead of allowing me to attach his wife. I would like to be able to attach this record. Any suggestions?
This seems to be a bug, because I was able to replicate the problem on two different computers. I also tried editing the indexed information, by changing one of them to "Linnie Kurtz", but the result was that it changed both of the names to "Linnie Kurtz". So, I ended up with the same problem again. It seems that the two names are somehow linked to one another.
Áine Ní Donnghaile ✭✭✭✭✭
There is a known issue with the 1900 census index. See the announcement: https://community.familysearch.org/en/discussion/116171/1900-united-states-census-problems#latest
@N Tychonievich or @Mike357 please and thank you.0
@keric01 - yes, this continues to be a known problem with the 1900 United States census. I have verified that Linnie Kurtz can be found in the index by searching the collection: United States Census, 1900 and saw that the name Linnie Kurtz does appear in the Search Results. However, when I click on her name, I see the details for John H Kurtz.
I will forward this issue to the queue for our engineers. Unfortunately, we are unable to indicate when the problem will be fixed.
Thank you for making us aware of this instance of the problem.0
Ok. Got it. Thank you! Praying for our wonderful tech crew! Hopefully they will be able to figure it all out.0