Are the engineers aware that the ID relating to an attached source cannot be opened in a
separate tab / window?
The problem with attaching sources has been fixed, but it appears that the ability to open the ID of the individual to whom a source is already attached has been broken.
Would a moderator please escalate so this issue can be fixed.
Example found at https://www.familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&q.birthLikeDate.from=1815&q.birthLikeDate.to=1819&q.birthLikePlace=Barnard%20Castle%2C%20Durham%2C%20England%2C%20United%20Kingdom&q.birthLikePlace.exact=on&q.givenName=Mary&q.givenName.exact=on&q.surname=Stubbs&q.surname.exact=on&treeref=G6GB-322. We can no longer right-click on the icons in order to open in a separate tab - very inconvenient.
Usually when you cannot open a source in a new window (there is no option when you right click) it is because the link is set to open in a new tab when clicked. To me, a new tab is ok because I can pull it out to be a new window when I am organizing like that.0
Unfortunately, you responded before I had finished illustrating the problem!
I believe @Brett . mentioned the problem against the original post - about the then problem with source attachment - but I can't find whether this issue has since been reported separately.1
Seconding @Paul W here.
The tree link does not open in a new tab or new window. Right-click does not work. This has been very frustrating to me too.1
OK Got you. Yes. If you right click a little paper icon (view record details), THAT will open in a new tab or window and then you can click the id of the person who already has the source attached.
Yes, I try to slug through to force the system to do what I want.0
Just in passing ...
Here is a recent post, that ANOTHER User/Patron, started on 19 March 2022, were I was involved ...
'Category' = Search
HOME > FAMILYSEARCH HELP > SEARCH
Problem with Search failing to show record preview in right pane.
Is that the one, to which, you were referring; and, referenced me?
That one, originally related, specifically to Census', of the State, of New South Wales, Australia
That Said ...
I believe, that the problem/issue, may be MORE complicated, than first thought.
And, the problem/issue, has NOT yet, been addressed/fixed - it is STILL unresolved.
Just my thoughts.
Yes, I believe that was the one, Brett.
I raised this as a "stand alone" issue as it has been causing me problems all day. I kept finding sources that had either been attached to duplicates (of those I was working on), or to the wrong individual altogether, but was constantly being forced to leave the page(s) in question in order to access those IDs. I know there have been difficulties like this in the past - often arising when the engineers fix one problem, which then leads to the creation of another!0
Sorry, it took a while to grasp what you meant as a "workaround". Yes, clicking on the paper icon (view record details) does help - thank you for mentioning this.
I also just noticed I didn't explain the main problem correctly, either. I realised that the action that previously worked was to left click on the "View attached tree person" icon, then to right click on the "Person" link on the "summary card" (if that's the expression) that is produced - as illustrated below.1
The tree link operation used to be more direct than that. Right-click to open the browser control panel, left-click in the menu to open the page in a new window or new tab etc. Left-click on the link pops up the profile summary card.
I too now use the link to the attached index page to get to the profile.0