Why do I get hints after recording them?
Why Record Hints are still showing when the information is already recorded. How to I stop these repeat hints?
Just in passing ...
(1) Did you just attach the "Source"?
.... IF, so, THEN, the "System" NEED to be "Refreshed", to enable "Synchronisation" ...
.... Otherwise, the "System", DOES NOT, recognise, that the "Source", has just been attached.
Even less understood ...
(2) Are they, in fact, EXACT "Duplicates", of the SAME "Source"?; OR,
.... Are they DIFFERENT "Indexing", of the SAME "Event"?
.... ie. Actually, a DIFFERENT "Source", for the SAME "Event".
.... IF, such is the case; THEN, they NEED to be attached.
.... There are MANY occasions, when a "Source", is simply ANOTHER "Indexing", of the SAME Event
.... In such cases, they are NOT "Duplicates".
Just curious ...
'Food for thought' ...
Just in passing ...
I have NEVER had (well, not that I can ever recall), "Record Hints", that are attached (or, for that matter "Dismissed") appear AGAIN.
UNLESS, of course, those particular "Sources", that WHERE previously attached, HAVE subsequently been "Detached" by, oneself; or, ANOTHER User/patron ... that is another matter ... where they WILL "Reappear" ...
As far as I am aware ...
Such will ONLY generally "Reappear", if those "Sources", were NOT attached; or, "Ignored".
[ or, have subsequently been "Detached" ... ]
Just my thoughts.
ps: Again, in the vast MAJORITY of cases ...
.... They are NOT exact "Duplicates", of the SAME "Source" ...
.... They are DIFFERENT "Indexing", of the SAME "Event"; and, in fact, ANOTHER "Source" ...
.... That NEEDS to be attached ...
- You may not be receiving duplicate record hints. The URLs must be identical; the same source with a different URL or for a similar source from another collection are not duplicates.
The article below explains.
Please attach all record hints, even if they appear to be duplicates for the same individual. Do not mark them as "Not a Match."
If you look at each hint carefully, you usually discover differences.
Why duplicate record hints exist
Apparent duplicates can occur for many reasons:
- The record was indexed more than once.
- The event appears in more than one collection. For example, the same marriage record can appear in a county marriage collection and a state marriage collection.
- The record was filmed more than once.
- The collection itself contains duplicate records.
What to do about duplicate record hints
Look at the URL of each record hint. Each one should have a different and unique URL.
- If the apparent duplicate has a unique URL but is not about the person, mark it as Not a Match.
- If the apparent duplicate has a unique URL and is about the person, click Review and Attach as usual. Be aware that when you dismiss apparent duplicates, it can prevent the hinting system from finding record hints for the person in the future.
- If the apparent duplicate has the same URL as another record hint, please contact FamilySearch Support.
The above article link has additional information.1
The same hints come again after some time has passed and the previous hint has been recorded. When the hint is checked it is a duplicate. Is this usual and is there a way to stop the duplicate hints?0
Thanks for your knowledge and willingness to assist on Community.0