How do I restore a smaller font size on Family Search?
I inadvertently changed the font to a larger size and I want to be able to see more of the page. Does anyone know how to restore or change the font?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More and then Settings.
- Under "Appearance," make the changes you want:
- Change everything: Next to "Page zoom," click the Down arrow. Then select the zoom option you want.
- Change font size: Next to "Font size," click the Down arrow. Then select the font size you want. You can also change more font options by clicking Customize fonts.
On my computer and browser (Win10, Firefox), I just hold down the "ctrl" key and hit the dash (minus) key. Other browsers and operating systems will be different, but they all have in common that the specific website being viewed (i.e. FS) has zero input or effect in the matter.0
Re firefox: Double-click the layout. preference to display an editing field. Change the value to 1.5 which means 150% and then press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change. Or 0.5 to make it smaller. Apologise for the delay in replying.0
Going into Firefox and the three lines on the top right you will get a drop down box and you go into zoom and + or - the font size0
on most browsers and independent of what site you are using
MOST browsers will allow you to ZOOM IN and ZOOM out
by holding down the CTRL Key with your left hand and tapping the + (plus) or - (minus) key with your right
This is NOT FamilySearch Functionality per se - but rather functionality built into your browser
its a very valuable tip to know0