Trouble Merging Duplicates
When I try to merge duplicates, I get a page that says its 'not available in your area' the same page has come up other times when trying to add a source. I certainly hope this gets addressed soon so I can address all of the issues I find!0
you will get a much better response if you provide the two ID's associated with the records you would like to merge. Any response to you question would just be a guess. Providing the ID's would allow others to examine the specific situation and determine if it is a generic message or something possibly associated with your computer.0
I am working from the "research help" column that says a possible duplicate has been found--when i click on that link, i get the "not available in your area" screen.
and the same thing happens if i am on a record and go to the Merge by ID option in the Tools section--neither of the tools (Possible Duplicates and Merge by ID) to merge in that section works, either. I know of no other way to try to merge--so if there is a way to input both ID numbers, please tell me where to access that tool, and i'll try it.
Can't someone just enable the Merge function for "my area"?
Sorry, i think you were asking me to list the ID's i have tried to merge--here are two of them (I've tried on many records)
Sophia Ann Ross: K6QD-4TN
and Sophia Ross: KLDD-5MQ
thank you for your assistance.
@ KathrynHoover - Here are several suggestions.
- Try a different browser.
- Make sure you have not been timed out
- Clear history in the browser
I look at the possible duplicates and the merge appears to be reasonable. I could merge but did not so I am not experiencing the area problem. You may also want to call support - 866-406-1830 so they can help you trouble shoot the issue and escalate if required.0
Welcome to the "Community.FamilySearch" Forum.
I am just another 'lowly' User/Patron ...
Just in passing ...
As, I am "Related" to BOTH (from different perspectives) ...
I just had a quick 'look' ...
And, I had the ability to "Merge"/"Combine" the two ...
Plus, I am using the "Browsers" of, 'Google' "Chrome"; 'Mozilla' "FireFox"; and, 'Microsoft' "Edge", with the "Operating System" of "Windows 10"; and, ALL, with the LATEST versions of each.
As such ...
As an aside ...
I would humbly suggest, that you ...
(1) Make sure that BOTH, your "Browser(s)"; &, your "Operating Systems", are using the most recent versions
... [ ie. LATEST version; or, PREVIOUS version ... ]
(2) If, you have not already; THEN, ...
.... An "Oldies"; but, STILL, often a "Goodie" ...
.... [ ie. Sometimes it works; whereas, sometimes it does not ... ]
.... Try "Clearing" the, "Cookies"; and, "Cache", of your "Browser(s)".
Plus, just in case you were not aware, "Add" (or, "Pop-Up") "Blockers", can also cause problems/issues ...
That Said ...
Here are some "Knowledge Articles" in 'FamilySearch':
How do I delete cookies from FamilySearch?
How do I set my cookie preferences?
How do I delete all of the cookies and temporary files stored by my internet browser?
Pages won't open on FamilySearch
How do I keep pop-up blockers from causing issues?
I hope, that this may help/assist, somewhat.
thanks to you both for your comments and suggestions.
First, Brett, thank you so much for merging those two--i am finding it so frustrating when i add someone who turns out to be a duplicate, but the system doesnt find that duplicate person and i create a new record, then cannot merge when the duplicate is recognized! so thank you for completing that merge!
Gasmodels, as far as i know, i have the latest Chrome and Windows 10 versions--i do the updates regularly.
I have recently upgraded my Norton security (added anti-tracker), and wonder if that may contribute to the problem.
i appreciate your sending me the 800 (866) number, which i will try--i am a baby boomer, and sometimes need step-by-step directions from a live voice!
I have NOT "Merged"/"Combined" them.
I just advised, that the ability to do so, was available (ie. to me; and, obviously, 'gasmodels').
I would humbly suggest, that the Norton Security (Added "Anti-Tracker"), MAY indeed be the culprit.
As a suggestion; and; as, a "Test", I would "Disable", that "Anti-Tracker", to 'see' if that makes any difference.
[ But, after you do that, I would then "Clear" the, "Cookies"; and, "Cache", of your "Browser" ... ]
[ That way, things are "Reset" (and, any 'latent' thing', from the "Anti-Tracker", should be cleared ... ]
IF, that is NOT the problem/issue; THEN, you can easily "Re-Enable", that "Anti-Tracker".
And, then, start looking for something else ...
Just my thoughts.
ps: Of course, I can certainly "Merge/"Combine", if needs be; but, I think, that we should wait, till you 'see', if you can address/fix, your problem/issue first - they can wait a little longer - but, if need be, I can and will.