I'm checking Guatemala death records. Part C MSB6-NVW There is only 1 image in the
batch. The indexer did 5 entries. There is a beginning of another entry at the bottom of the page. It has only the date of the certificate and the other information is on the next batch. Should that be indexed or will the indexer of the next batch do it?
I didn't get an answer. This is the first time I used the community help, so how do I get my answer?0
Please post (copy/paste) the Share Batch Code from your batch so that we can look at your batch and it’s instructions ourselves. This code is the letters and numbers beginning with M inside the brackets at the end of the name of your batch. It looks like MXXX-XXX.
Unless your Project Instructions say something to the contrary, you should index a record that begins on your batch and continues to the next batch. You would use reference images to see the rest of the record while indexing it with your batch.
The General Indexing Guidelines (3rd section of you instructions) should have a subsection with the following guidance:
What to Do When Records Span 2 Images or to View Additional Images
- If the first record on an image begins on a previous image, don't index it. The record will be indexed as part of the previous batch. Start indexing at the first complete record.
- If the last record on an image continues to the next image, index the entire record, including what continues to the next image.
- To see the next image while continuing to index information for the current image, do the following:
1. In the top corner of the image window, in the vertical toolbar, click the Reference Images icon (4th vertical icon -looks like an open book)
2. Below the screen on the right, click a thumbnail next to the image you are currently indexing.
3. Index the record while viewing both images at the same time.
4. To exit split screen mode, in the vertical toolbar, click the Reference Images icon.0
@Karma Allred - Welcome to the community!
When you post a question here, it may take a bit to receive an answer because all questions are answered by individuals - answers aren't generated automatically.
Thanks for your patience.0
You need to index the last record of the bottom of the right side of the image that continues onto a next image using the Image reference function. Please follow John E's directions.
Thank you for working on these Spanish Records!! 😀1
Click on the book-appearing icon at the bottom of the little tools menu. That will bring up the images 5 to either side of your batch. Get the data you need to complete that last record from the "+1" image.0