To add my childs father why do i have to put that i am married to him...
I was never married to my oldest sons father he rapped me when i was 16 and i was 28... yall need to fix that i should be able to add somebody with out marrage dates or saying i am their wife.
Dont ask why i would want to add him if that happened. I want to with out saying we were married because we were not. I dont want to leave a dishonest history to my children. A full and accurate history matters to me.
Here is how to add a child, but have no marriage relationship show between the parents:
You delete the couple relationship, Family Tree still shows that the child is biologically related to each parent.
- While signed in to FamilySearch.org, navigate to the person page of the individual or spouse.
- If you do not see Vitals near the top of the page, click Details.
- Scroll to the Family Members section.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of No Marriage Event.
- Click Delete Relationship.
Steps (mobile app)
- In the Family Tree mobile app, navigate to the Person page of the individual or spouse.
- Tap Spouses or Parents.
- Tap the couple's Edit icon next to the marriage date. It looks like a pencil inside of a circle.
- Tap Delete Marriage Event.
- Explain why you are deleting the event.
- Tap Delete.
Hope that this resolves your problem.0
Welcome to the "Community.FamilySearch" Forum.
I am just another 'lowly' User/Patron ...
You are not alone ...
Others have been in your situation ...
Please be aware and advised, that ...
You DO NOT have (ie. are NOT required) to ADD an "Event", in the "Couple" Relationship, with regards to you and the Father of your eldest Son.
You can simply leave, that "Event"; as, "Blank" (ie. NOTHING ... ),
You DO NOT have to ADD any "Details", it so desire.
That Said ...
In the "Reason Statement" (ie. "Reason This Information Is Correct:"), you may want add simply, "Never Married" (and, just leave it as that).
I hope, that this may help/assist, somewhat.
Gordon Collett ✭✭✭✭✭
Some people like to enter such situations like this, with explanatory notes as needed:
(Example created in Beta version of Family Tree)
To make it completely clear that there was no type of couple relationship.1