My daughter has an account with her church record number but it was never activated. Now we can't log her in or create an account
Jeff, thank for using this forum to assist your daughter with her account.
Several thoughts for your review.
Recovering a forgotten username or resetting a forgotten password to sign into FamilySearch.org FamilySearch does not keep a record of patron’s passwords due to privacy security. (Passwords must be at least 8 characters with at least one letter and one number.)
You can recover a forgotten username or reset a forgotten password for your account using whichever option is directly linked to your account:
- Your mobile phone number
- Your email address
- In the upper right corner of the FamilySearch website, click Sign In.
- Do one of the following, depending on whether you have forgotten your username only, your password only, or both:
- Username only: Click username beneath the Password field.
- Password only: Click password beneath the Password field.
- Both: Click username beneath the Password field. Then, on the next screen, click the checkbox I do not remember my password.
- Select a recovery method based on information you provided during registration.
- Mobile: Enter your mobile number. A verification code goes to that number. Enter the verification code into the provided field, and click Continue.
- Email: Enter your email address. An email with all of the usernames associated with that email account comes to you. Open the email, and click the username that you want to use.
- What happens next depends on whether you indicated that you forgot:
- Username only: The sign-in page reappears, with your username automatically filled in. You can now enter your password, and sign in. Or if you find that you also forgot your password, click password to reset your password.
- Password only: The option to reset your password appears.
- Both: The option to reset your password appears. Your username appears on the screen.
- If you need to reset your password, do this:
- Enter a new password.
- Verify the new password.
- Click Reset.
You may not be familiar with the Help center.
At the top of any page on FamilySearch.org, click the Help icon (the small circle with the question mark inside of it).
- A drop-down menu appears. Click the option that you think is most relevant.
If you area not successful accessing her account please resend your question and a private response may be in order.
Thank you for assisting your daughter wanting to use FamilySearch Family Tree.0
Hello @Jeffrey Eldon Schoonover, thank you for reaching out in Community! If your daughter's account was never activated, you should be able to create the account again as if it had never been done before. If this isn't happening, then have you tried clicking on the "Forgot Username or Password" link just in case it allows you to reset a password? If it isn't allowing you to create an account, it is likely hers is still there so hopefully using the above link will resolve the issue.
If neither of these options work, please reply to this thread for further assistance.0