Next steps for Naturalization record?
I'm trying to find an immigration/naturalization and ultimately birth record for Anna B Marshall (LTDY-1VW). She is from Scotland and her parents from Dundee Scotland according to her marital record here:
I've searched Ancestry, Fold3, and Family Search for a naturalization record mainly in Jefferson County Ohio, but I've also searched West Virginia and PA. However, I have not had success.
Based on someone's advice in another thread, I've tried purchasing the birth record that most closely matches her information from Scotland's People. I've got parent names, location, and a birth year after all. The year was off, but all other indexed records were not a match due to parents' names not matching, family group continued to have records in Scotland after Anna B Marshall (LTDY-1VW) emigrated to the US.
^After purchase from Scotland’s people, confirmed to be a non-match. The mother’s surname is not a match with the marital record, and the year of birth is a bit too early.
Perhaps the 1902 naturalization records aren't microfilmed or indexed yet. Based on what I'm reading on this wikipage, I may be at a brickwall.
- Immigration in 1889 or 1898 - Census documents vary
- Naturalization in 1902 - perhaps giving a bit more credence to the 1898 immigration date and three year naturalization timeline (?)
- 1902 marriage in Steubenville, Jefferson County, Ohio
- Birth approx. 1877 to 1882 but most consistently documented as 1877.
- Father = William Marshall
- Mother = Marr Allen (Could be short for Marjory, Margaret, Mary, or another name)
- Birth = Dundee, Scotland (I've searched both Dundee City and Angus-Dundee)
- What next steps would you do for the entry, naturalization, or passport records?
- For birth records in Scotland?
I greatly appreciate any help and apologize in advance for the wall of text. I've spent hours on this and would appreciate another set of eyes. Thank you kindly. -RC