Help needed to read names and record correctly
I looked at your batch, and yes some of the old records are very difficult to read. I thought the mothers name on the first entry should be Alice. I also was not sure of the surname. It looked like you were doing the work correctly it is just very difficult to read.
If someone else can't give you more assistance, you can return the batch and try a different one or different project.
Sorry I was not much help.1
Here's what I see:
This batch is 1923 so the birth months from 1-6 will be in January 1923. 7 is Dec 1922 and 8 is January 1923 again.
Delete all surnames for children, we don't assume the surname for a child in this project.
- Father Hartley Aspden, Mother Alice Aspden.
- Father William Jagar, Mother Isabella Jagar.
- Correct once the child's surname is deleted.
- Father Roger Stevenson, Mother Ann Stevenson.
- Father Benjamin Haworth, Mother Margaret Haworth.
- Surname for parents is Duxbury.
- Correct the birth details
- Correct the birth details.
I think I've got that correct. Great effort but these are hard to read, you might like to try another project. Good luck!2
Yes it is a hard project, but looks like you've nailed it Gail! Thank you so much for your help and also your help too Larry, very much appreciated.0