I've noticed that indexers are using the date of instrument rather than the date of record, which is wrong and want to make people aware of this problem so they can index the right information.
Thank you for posting this. The instructions are right there so this is an error that would have been easily avoided by reading the instructions!
Rosa, this is a very common error on this project and is probably being caused by indexers who are not advanced indexers. This is an advanced project and for some reason indexers who are not really ready to tackle an advanced project are trying to do it. Unfortunately there is no way to let them know what they are doing incorrectly. Years ago, indexers used to be able to see the results of their indexing and we have asked support to again do this so that indexers will see their errors and be able to correct them on future batches. However, support does not agree and as long as the indexers do not realize that they are making these errors, they will continue to make them.
I agree with you that there should be some way to notify them of their errors and I'm sure the other reviewers do too, but so far, support has not come up with any solution to this problem.
I posted this because I wanted to know how to make the indexers AWARE of the mistake and that they should always read the instructions. When I review, about 99% are using the date of instrument rather than the date of record.
Now I understand and will just continue to correct the error. Thank you for your input.