Seeking information about my grandmother born in Prussia. ID# LVKJ-8HK
I am trying to find birth information for my grandmother and who her birth parents are.
My grandmothers name is: Bertha Anna Mueller (Miller)
She was Born: 13 Jun 1846 Schwenten, Bomst, Posen, Prussia, Germany
She Died: 23 Nov 1924 Minden, Kearney County, Nebraska, USA
I show she came to New York, New York in 10 Jan 1871.
I show she departed Abt. Dec 1870 • Rotterdam, Netherlands
Thank you for posting in the community about finding information about your grandmother Bertha Ann Mueller (Miller). Here are some suggestions .
If you're struggling with your genealogy research, FamilySearch offers several options for getting help.
- The Search tab on FamilySearch allows you to search records, genealogies, books, and more.
- The FamilySearch Research Wiki is a gr place to learn research techniques and discover new resources. (This allows you to choose the specific area of the world you need to search.)
- Family History Library Online Consultations are free, 20-minute consultations with a specialist from the Family History Library.
- If you want online tutorials and videos, visit the FamilySearch Help Center for the country, language, or topic. You can find lessons for everyone from beginner to advanced researcher.
FamilySearch community groups give you access to research experts who are willing and ready to offer free assistance and share resources. You can find these groups on Facebook and in the FamilySearch Community. (https://community.familysearch.org/en/group/88-germany-genealogy-research This link will take to a group that may be able to give you suggestions on how to search. In order to ask you question you will need to join the group.)
- We often publish articles about research and many other family history topics on our blog.
- You can find local, in-person help at a family history center. They are located worldwide, and you may find one near you.
- If you are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, visit the FamilySearch Help Center to see who your local temple and family history consultants are.
Many other organizations also offer help. Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness (RAOGK), for example, is a global volunteer organization where you can make requests for help with research tasks.
Wishing you success.0