How do I fix a wrong marriage date? I typed the wrong year and saved it and it doesn't let me fix it
If you are are talking about editing a marriage date in Family Tree, here is the procedure.
- Open the detail information on the person you want to change.
- Scroll down the page to the Family Member section and find the marriage.
- To the right of the marriage is a sysmbol that looks like a box with a pencil in it, click the symbol this will open a window
- Go down in the Window till you see Relationship events, you will see the marriage, below Marriage you will see Edit, click it.
- It will open a window and you will be able to edit the date, after changing date you below place there is a reason box (you can fill in reason), then click save.
- This will fix the issue, you will see the new date in the marriage information.
The excellent above information from @Tom123 can be found in the Help Center. It also gives you the instructions for a phone or other mobile device. I sometimes like to print the instructions for reference.
To find the article, click on the question mark in the upper right of the screen.
- Click on Help Center at the bottom of the pop-up.
- To see frequently asked questions, click on the Family Tree icon.
- If you don't see your answer here, you can type a couple of key words in the search bar. I looked for "Edit Marriage".
It would be most helpful if you could give us the Batch Number for the Batch you are questioning. It is found to the far right of the Project title. It starts with M and is contained in Brackets.0
I think we need a little more information in order to help. #1 could you share the batch with us . Go to the top of the page to help and find share batch.
copy and past as directed in this chat.
#2 give a little more explanation of what is happening.
With that information I am sure someone will be able to help0
It sounds like your question is a question related to Family Tree.1
Is this in indexing, or in Family Search? You can always change data in an indexing record. To change an incorrect entry for a person in FS, just open the field for editing again and put the correct info in.0
I don't know who changed this date, but I have been trying to correct it and it does not change it. This is my marriage date and it is listed incorrectly. How do I make the correct date stick?0
@Lois Larrabee Where are you seeing this date? In Family Tree? In a historical record index?
What is the date now? How are you trying to change it?0