Can anyone please tell me how to add a second spouse, for example when someone is widowed and remarries or when someone remarries after divorce. For example one of my ancestors had 5 children by his first wife before being widowed and then went on to have another 3 or 4 children by his second wife. I would like to show all siblings and step siblings together if possible and both wives on the tree. Is this possible? Thanks in anticipation of a response.
I am just another 'lowly' User/Patron ...
We can certainly add up to as MANY; as, x200 Spouses; and, x400 Children, to an individual/person, in "Family Tree", of 'FamilySearch'.
That Said ...
Just in passing ...
Reading between the lines in you post ...
What you are also really asking, is:
Whether or not, in the "Pedigree" View, one would be able to 'see', ALL Spouses; and, ALL Children, associated for an individual/person?
Short Answer: On ALL; But, the "Descendancy" View ... 'No.'
In "Family Tree", of 'FamilySearch', in the "Pedigree" Views of, "Landscape"; "Portrait"; and, "Fan Chart", we can ONLY 'see' the ONE ["Set"] Spouse; and, Children (ie. Family unit); being, that which one has chosen as the "Preferred" Family Unit.
In "Family Tree", of 'FamilySearch', in the "Pedigree" Views of, "Descendancy", we CAN 'see' ALL ("Sets") Spouse; and, Children [ie. Family unit(s)], regardless of which is the "Preferred" Family Unit, one has chosen.
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/pedigree/descendancy/ [Ones ... 'FamilySearch Person Identifier' (PID)]
Here are some "Knowledge Articles" in 'FamilySearch':
What are the different pedigree views in Family Tree?
What does the descendancy view do in Family Tree?
I hope this helps. somewhat.
I like to add other spouses from the Person Page.
- Scroll down to the Family Members section at the bottom.
- Under Spouses and Children (just above the couple), click + Add Spouse.
- Enter information about the spouse, and click Next, which is available after you click Deceased. (If you know the ID of the spouse, click By ID Number.)
- The Additional Find Option is an optional additional search format. You can search for the spouse with their parents, or, if applicable, previous spouses. This additional information can make it easier to find a match within Family Tree.
- If Family Tree found people who match your search, it lists them. Indicate whether you need to add a matching person or create a new one:
- If the person is already in Family Tree, click Add Match.
- If the person is not already in Family Tree, click Create Person.
- To adjust your search, click Refine Search.
Once the new couple is created, you can add their children in a similar process.
- Scroll down to the Family Members section.
- Under Spouses and Children, click Add Child. (If Add Child does not show, click the down arrow beside Children under the couple box.)
- If one of the parents of the child is unknown, click Add Child with an Unknown Mother or Father. Add details in a note or in the individual's Life Sketch.
- Enter information about the child, and click Next. (If you know the ID of the child, click By ID Number.)
- Review the search results. If you find the right child, click Add Person.
- If you do not see the person in the search results, click Create New.
Both lines will not show in the Pedigree Chart at the same time. Whichever couple has the preferred circle checked under them on the Person Page will be on the Pedigree Chart.
I would like both spouses to be listed along with their children, instead of just showing a "preferred" spouse. Can that be done?0
As explained by @Brett above, this can only be shown in the descendancy view. Sorry.