edited September 24, 2021 in Family Tree
For some reason, Family Search recorded my name as a combination of my actual name and my email address. I'm not sure how that happened, but how do I correct it?
Please follow the steps below to make corrections in your account.
You can change your username, password, display name, and helper number.
- Sign in at FamilySearch.
- In the upper right corner, click your name.
- Click Settings.
- Click Account.
- Click Edit for the section where you want to make a change.
- Enter the information in the appropriate field.
- You can change your password:
- Click Want to Change Your Password?
- Enter your current password.
- Enter your new password.
- Confirm your new password.
- Click Save.
- Click Save Changes. (If the changes saved automatically, the button says Saved instead and you cannot click it.)
Steps (mobile app)
Please use the FamilySearch website to change your username, password, display name, and helper number.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Please use the FamilySearch website to change your username, password, display name, and helper number.0
We are moving this to a support better able to help you if you have further issues with your name.0