In Person Booth
I live in Tooele County, Utah and our Stake is planning a big Celebration of Culture on June 11, 2022 and we were wondering if Family Search offers anything to have someone come to this, set up a booth and help people get excited and start with their family history.
Is there someone I can talk to about this? Thank you!
Thank you for your post in the Community about your Stake Celebration of Culture coming in June. What a great idea, and congratulations on planning ahead. Here are some suggestions.
- You may want to talk to Stake FHC director, (if you are not that individual) and all the Consultants.
- Try calling 1-866-406-1830 and ask to be directed to someone who can help.
- Plan to have plenty of computers available, so you can give 1-1 access to help individuals create accounts, and get started in Family Tree, by adding the living, and finding who is already in FS.
- Maybe have some stations set up for the different Activities available on FamilySearch.
- You may want to have people provide traditional deserts from the various ancestor's place of birth.
We hope these ideas will be helpful.
We wish you success in your Celebration of Culture.1
@Sanra Are there any resources Family Search could provide for us with this? It will be at an outdoor venue, not at the church so we will not have computers available. Would Family Search have any iPads or anything we could use? Or would it all be on our own?
Thank you for your help!0
FamilySearch is a website, we would not have such things as iPads available, but a lot of church members use them, as well as laptops, but getting online would likely need Wifi connections. Maybe someone in your area would have suggestions to offer. Is there a local Library that could help? Have you tried to contact the Family History Library for suggestions. Call 1-801-240-6996