How do I change a mislabelled name on a photo in Memories?
I have mistakenly labelled a photo with the wrong ancestor. The photo is attached to the correct ancestor's record, however I made a mistake of entering the wrong name in the box around the face/image of the ancestor. I cannot seem to change the name (eg., from Joseph to James) that is attached to the box identifying a specific person in a photo that has multiple family members.
Miss Jessie ✭✭✭
Great question Kate. I’m not aware of a help article that fully explains how to correct a name on a tag.
Hopefully this illustration will help.
For more information about the image viewer see this help article.
Show the list of people tagged in the photo or document image.
- If a red exclamation mark appears by the name, and if the words "Not Attached to the Tree" appear below the name, please follow the instructions in Linking a memory to an ancestor in Family Tree.
- If the tagged name is attached to Family Tree, click the down arrow to the right of the name to see the options below:
- Click the name link to view in Family Tree.
- Click Memories to see all items tagged to the person.
- The tag creator can click Edit tag to edit the tag.
- The tag creator and the contributor of the image can click Remove tag to remove the tag. See How do I edit or delete tags on memories?
Hi Kate -
This article may have the answer you need. If so, please click "Yes" to accept the answer.0
Thank you--it worked! I could not edit the tag, so deleted it and entered the correct name.
I greatly appreciate your help! 😀