Do I index the 2nd page or not?
I'm indexing United States—Enlisted and Officer Muster Rolls and Rosters, 1916–1939. The Rosters often span multiple images. Under General Indexing guidelines it states that if record spans more than one image to use the Reference Image button to see the next image to index it. But on the images viewed via the Reference Image button it states, "For Reference Do Not Index."
Do we index the 2nd page or not?
To be able to give you an accurate answer please post the share batch code of the project you question refers to.
- Just above the toolbar, click Help.
- On the drop-down menu, click Share Batch.
- The Share Batch window opens, giving you two options:
- Copy the batch link, and paste it in here with you question or with a new comment .
- Share the batch code so the helper can enter it in the web indexing tool and open the batch.
- A second way to find the batch code is by clicking Batch, then About Batch. The Batch ID is the same as the code.
This question does not require a share batch. For those of us who index muster rolls and have read the instructions, these are stand alone documents and the references images are only used to identify the column headers and the year of the report if necessary per the field helps. Thus, the General Indexing Guideline does not apply.0