Recent change in Hungarian indexes removed data and made search function unusable
Hi there! I have used FS for years now, but I never had to report an error before, so I hope I'm doing it in the correct spot.
Indexed Hungarian church records in the past used to utilize the Western name order ("First - Middle - Last"), contain the full date of christening (as in Hungary, this corresponds closely with the date of birth), event place (including separate parishes within the same city or town), sex, and parents' name.
I noticed that there were a few recent changes. Many records now use the Eastern name order ("Family name - Given names"), which is correct for Hungarian records - this is a welcome change. I also see that all "event place" info has been replaced by standardized places, which is also a positive change, as long as it is possible to still see the origin of the record - so far, it is, listed under "Event Place (Original)". In the new "Event Place", the name of the country is also represented in Hungarian now "Magyarország" as opposed to "Hungary", which, to me, is a neutral change.
However, some negative changes also occurred that cause problems. The least annoying at the moment is that female records have all been changed, every girl baptism is listed as "Sex: Male" now. The worse one is that all baptismal dates are now missing the month and day, only the year can be found. This means that instead of creating accurate profiles for relatives on the world tree with a few clicks as before, now every document has to be inspected separately in order to find out the actual birth/baptismal date. In some cases, the family name of the child is now also missing, even on records where they were there previously. Lastly, I am unaware why, but the search function seems to have ceased working with these records as they did before. Maybe this is due to the new name order, the missing complete dates, the changed country name, or something else, I'm not sure. This is also reflected in hints: people that had 10+ hints for me before, now have none or very few.
This one (Haushoffer Catharina) is a typical example of the error: incomplete date of baptism, and a girl showing up as "male".
This one (Anna Radits) is similarly incorrect now, but it's also an example for the missing family name. I remember this one to be correct in the past.
This record (Rozalia Asztalos) seems to be completely unaffected by the changes as of now.
I would like to know if this will be corrected in the near future. I love spending my extra time with genealogy, but sadly, these changes make further research really hard / impossible.
I hope the issue is temporary and that maybe my question helps to locate the error. I would like to thank everyone at FamilySearch for all the work put into this website - FS has progressed very rapidly in the years I've used it, and I love to see it grow!