Can't repeat previously successful searches. Source still there, but Persons disappeared.
Currently I'm unable to reproduce a search result that was successful just a few months ago.
A previously saved URL to the Source record still works, but there seem to be no corresponding Person records that a search could access. The Person records seem to have disappeared.
On June 14 I successfully searched for Gyula Rácskay in Budapest, finding his 1912 death registration and baptism records for two of his sons, Lászlo György Richard (1898) and György Ferenc (1905).
Fortunately back in June I was able to download an Excel file describing the death registration. The file contains a valid link that still takes me back to the page displaying the death record. (I can't remember how I managed to solicit that download; I don’t see any way do it now.)
1) Why have these search results disappeared? Has something changed in the algorithm? I've tried variations on my search criteria, more exact and less exact, to no avail.
2) How can I initialize a family tree for the Gyula Rácskay family without attaching any of the Persons to anybody in my existing family tree? There don't seem to be any existing Person records for the Rácskay family members I’ve identified. (They are distant cousins related through one of Gyula Rácskay’s grandparents I have yet to identify, so I have nobody in my tree to attach them as a sibling, parent or child.)
Here's the Excel-embedded link to the Gyula Rácskay death registration Source record:
It seems to terminate with an apparently invalid Person ID.
The Excel file contains three more such links for the wife and parents, all leading to the same Source record:
I don’t have any Excel files for the two sons, but I did print their Source images, which show the following URLs:
Lászlo György Richard (1898):
György Ferenc (1905):