I am looking for information about an ancestor who died traveling the Oregon Trail in or about 1860
I have an ancestor who traveled the Oregon Trail in or about 1860.
Here is what I know so far -
Elias Smalley - Code 97K7-KS9
DOB - 15-May-1803 - probably in Kentucky
DOD - Probably some time in 1860, 1861 or 1862
Married - Lucy Leak on 26-Feb-1827 in Brooksville, Bracken county, Kentucky
- He was counted in June-1860 for the 1860 census in Holt county, Missouri
- Some time later in 1860 or perhaps 1861 or 1862 he traveled west along The Oregon Trail with his wife Lucy, his son Robert and Robert’s wife Mary and their two children.
- I found reference to his death on MyHeritage.com but the exact date and cause of death is not known.
- Elias apparently died along the Oregon Trail but I do not know
a) The exact date of his death
b) The cause of his death
c) The location of his death or his burial.
Elias' wife Lucy settled in Walla Walla, Washington and died in nearby Dayton, Washington in 1893. His son Robert settled in Dayton, WA. His son James eventually settled in Pacific county, WA along the Columbia river.
Lucy Leak Smalley - (Wife of Elias Smalley) - Code LBDQ-JXM
DOB - 12-Feb-1809 in Kentucky
DOD - 4-Mar-1893 in Dayton, Columbia county, Washington
Married - Elias Smalley on 26-Feb-1827 in Brooksville, Bracken county, Kentucky
What I want help with --
- Elias’ exact date of death
- Elias’ cause of death if known
- Location of Elias’ burial
Is there anyone who can tell me how to find information about his death?