I can sign in just fine on my PC and Android phone. But the app downloaded to my Galaxy Tab A gives me a perpetual spinning blue circle. Does anyone have a fix for this?
Good Morning Shannon
Have you tried clearing you FamilySearch Cookies, please follow the guidelines as shown below, and if that doesn't work try clearing your computer History, but please be very careful that don't delete all your saved passwords. To enable you to do this go into settings and then History. Please be very care that you do not delete all your saved passwords. Please try clearing your Family Search cookies first by following the below information.
Cookies are small pieces of code that FamilySearch and other websites store on your computer. Using cookies allows FamilySearch to customize your experience for you. You can often solve the problems like the following by deleting the cookies stored on your computer:
Note: This feature only removes FamilySearch cookies from your browser.
Shannon above is the knowledge Article for clearing your cookies.
We received your question about Android Tablet will not allow me to sign in.
We have found that possibly your Family Tree app is not syncing on your mobile Android device.
Would you please review the URL listed below and follow the steps.
We do hope that you will be successful using this wonderful website using your Android device.
Thank you for using FamilySearch and we wish you much success.
Unfortunately, this didn't work. I followed the instruction to clear the cache from within the app and also cleared it from the system's settings. No joy.
@Shannon Marie Murphy
I am just another 'lowly' User/Patron ...
Just in case ...
As an aside ...
Question: What "Operating System" is your (Android) "Galaxy Tab A: using?
Here is a "Knowledge Article" in 'FamilySearch':
Where is states, among other things:
The Family Tree mobile app must run on a device that runs the following:
Just a thought in passing.
LOL! The best advice usually comes from the 'lowly' Users!
I'm running Android 8.1 on this tablet and I'd just installed the app, so that would have to be the latest. It looks like the June update addressed some stability issues. I wonder if it might have broken other things as often happens.
If you think of anything else, please post. I love to tinker!
Another aside ...
You should ALSO, be able to get onto 'FamilySearch', through using a "Brower", on your "Tablet".
[ eg. 'Google' "Chrome'; or, 'Mozilla' "FireFox" ]
Try doing that, to 'see' if things work, that way.
IF, that works; THEN, the problem/issue is definitely with the "Mobile" Application.
Just another thought, in passing.
Great minds! That's exactly what I did and it was perfectly functional via a browser. So, I think we can safely put it down to the app, or the version downloaded to tablets specifically.
The app downloaded to my android mobile phone work perfectly well, but it's pretty tiny for most efforts.
I have not used a "Tablet" for a while.
And, when I did, there was NO "Mobile" Application.
So, I only ever used 'FamilySearch' with a "Browser", on a "Tablet".
And, I did not know that, there was a different platform, of the "Mobile" Application, for 'Tablets".
I just thought that the SAME "Mobile" Application (platform) worked on, both, "Mobile" Phones; &, "Tablets".
You learn something new every day.
ps: I wonder why no one else is having same problem/issue - unless, you have newest versions of OS & App.
...... [ And. others, are just using OLDER versions ... ]
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling your app. I have found that to help with many apps. Maybe it will help with the FamilySearch app as well.
Yes, that's on my troubleshooting list and it was one of the first things I tried. I think the app is just not as robust on the tablets.