[ be sure and click "expand post" ]
Most of your ancestors - should already be in FamilySearch, No need to load a GEDCOM. It would merely create duplicates. There are BILLIONS of people in FamilySearch Family Tree - it is one shared database that we all work on collaboratively.
It is not a system where each person has their own personal/private family tree
have you looked for your deceased ancestors in FamilySearch Family Tree>
First add any living direct ancestors to your tree
then when you get to the point of a deceased direct ancestor - first do a FIND/SEARCH to see if they are already in the system - if so you just make the connection.
if not you can add them - but ultimately the majority of your ancestors will already be in FamilySearch - thus no need to "upload a GEDCOM - doing so would merely create duplicates.
You can; but ...
Please Do NOT upload a GEDCOM File in "Family Tree" of "FamilySearch".
Upload GEDCOM File in the "Genealogies" Part of "FamilySearch", that is fine; but, please NOT in "Family Tree" of "FamilySearch".
Some of the reasons that Users/Patrons (like myself) DO NOT want the ability to upload a GEDCOM File into "Family Tree" of "FamilySearch" are:
(1) It is most likely that individuals/persons in a GEDCOM File are ALREADY in "Family Tree" of "FamilySearch"; and, most Users.Patrons DO NOT even take the time to look to see if any one in their GEDCOM File is already in "Family Tree", in some instances, negating the need to even upload the GEDCOM File.
(2) There has been (many) cases where Users/Patrons, using the "Compare" process (of the upload) have "Dismissed" a "Possible" Match with an individual/person already in "Family Tree"; so that, their "Record", from their GEDCOM File, is loaded into "Family Tree", regardless; just so that, their "Record" appears in "Family Tree" (and, in some instances, for Members of the Church, so they can do the "Temple" Work, despite the fact that the "Temple" Work is ALREADY done with the "Possible" Match with the individual/person already in "Family Tree").
(3) Even with the "Compare" process (of the upload), there has been (many) cases where Users/Patrons have uploaded THEIR version of an individual/person in their GEDCOM File, on top of (ie. Over) an individual/person ALREADY in "Family Tree" of "FamilySearch" that has been there for MANY years and is well documented and "Sources" - in many instances obliterating all of the documentation and "Sources".
(4) If an individual/person is ALREADY in "Family Tree" of "FamilySearch", there is NO need to up uploaded one's version of an individual/person from one's own GEDCOM File - just take note of the the 'FamilySearch Person Idenmtifier' (PID) of the individual/person that is ALREADY in "Family Tree"; and, one can go back later to ensure what information/detail is recorded and attached for that individual/person. just DO NOT uploaded one's version of an individual/person in their GEDCOM File, on top of (ie. Over) an individual/person ALREADY in "Family Tree" - obliterating all of the documentation and "Sources" ALREADY in place/on record.
(5) The "Hours" (sometimes "Days") of work, by other Users/Patrons, that can be needed to CORRECT the DAMAGE done by the upload of a GEDCOM File can be disheartening.
I am sorry ... 'off my soap box' ...
Enter (ie. 'Create) the individuals/persons in "Family Tree" of "FamilySearch" one at a time - on a one by one basis.
Many of the individuals/persons most probably ALREADY exist in "Family Tree" of "FamilySearch".
Use the "Find" facility/function/feature to Search "Family Tree" of "FamilySearch", you may be surprised to find some (if not, many) of them already there.
Many well established and documented (eg. "Sourced") individuals/person in "Family Tree" of "FamilySearch" have been RUINED by the upload a GEDCOM File into "Family Tree" of "FamilySearch".
I hope this puts things into perspective.
@DaveChristensen8 DaveChristensen8 im not sure how everyone else does it but I always have to ss whatever I want to post and then choose the paperclip, photos, and select the photo. And it only lets me do one at a time
Upload a file to where?? Community? FamilySearch Memories??
Please be more specific so we can help you.
I am trying to upload my GED com file to Family Search tree??
this is also a good video to watch.
I know understand how it works.
looks like I left off the video link: