Skip to content

How to Use FamilySearch Community

Groups Select

Clear

I'm having difficulty finding descendants of Yorkshire immigrants to Nova Scotia.

I'm having no luck at all in finding descendants of two Robinson brothers, John and William, who emigrated from Yorkshire England to Nova Scotia around 1775. John Robinson died on 21 Oct 1812 in Cornwallis Township, Kings county Nova Scotia. His wife Elizabeth died on 25 Apr 1784. I think they had the following children. Thomas who died on 5 May 1837 married to Mary Ann Ridgeway and then Sarah Miller, Elizabeth, Frances, George, William and Francis. I think Francis was instrumental in getting and Anglican church built in Sackville Nova Scotia. My wife is a direct descendant of Thomas Robinson. Thomas and one of his two wives had a son George Robinson 1811-1901 who married Sarah Brown on 25 Apr 1837 and they had a large family. I would love to know more about this family.....where did they come from in Yorkshire and something about John Robinson's brother William who came to Nova Scotia about the same time with a wife and family. I can find nothing about any of their descendants. I would be so grateful to get something about these folks.

Answers