How to Get Help in the Community
Below are some quick links to take you directly to the areas of the community that can best help you get answers to your questions. For additional resources, you can also review these threads. To get started, first sign into the community.
FamilySearch Product Related Questions
To receive answers to your FamilySearch Product-related questions visit the FamilySearch Help section of the community and select the appropriate category or click one of the topics below.
- Family Tree - Get help building your family tree.
- Memories - Get help preserving photos and other family documents.
- Search - Discover new search strategies for finding historical records.
- Indexing - Share your questions about indexing, and see what others are saying.
- Temple - Join conversations about reserving and sharing temple ordinances.
- FamilySearch Account - Learn what to do when you can’t sign in.
- Family History Centers - Share ideas for improving your local family history center.
If none of the categories listed above fit your product-related question, ask them in the "General Questions" category.
After clicking one of the links above simply click the blue button that says, New post and select the "Ask a Question" option.
Research Related Questions
For family history research-related questions explore and join one of our many community research groups where experts can offer additional assistance.
After clicking Groups at the top of the page, you can search for groups by name or filter by language, region, or locality.
Temple and Family History Consultant Questions
Temple and Family History consultants with questions about their calling can go to the Temple and Family History Consultant group.