Adding a seperate entry for the person listed as c/ o (Care of)
When adding an entry for Cooper, William John do we also need to add a seperate entry for "Mrs. Berryman" or who ever is listed as the c/ o (carer) for the individual?
Sorry for answering my own question but I also found this bullet point in the drop down instructions
- If more than 1 individual was recorded on a single line, index each individual as their own entry.
This printout is taken from the New Zealand Electoral Rolls project. NO, you wouldn't index Mrs Berryman, William John Cooper lives at her address, she is not included in this electoral Roll.0
We need a Shared batch code to properly answer your question.
- Just above the toolbar, click Help.
- On the drop-down menu, click Share Batch.
- The Share Batch window opens, giving you two options:
- Copy the batch link, and paste it in an email to the helper or post it on the Share Batch, Etc. page on Facebook. The helper can click the link and go directly to the batch.
- Share the batch code so the helper can enter it in the web indexing tool and open the batch.
- A second way to find the batch code is by clicking Batch, then About Batch. The Batch ID is the same as the code.
Here is the shared batch code MSWF-LYL0
Reading further into the project instructions>general indexing guidelines I believe that they should be entered given the following guidelines
- If at least part of a name was given for an individual who should be indexed in this project, index the part of the name that was given.
- If a record says, "James Brown and Mary," you would index 2 records, 1 for James Brownand 1 for Mary.
- If the record says, "Mr Smith and Mrs Smith," you would index 2 records. For both records, you would index Smith in the Surname field. Then index Mr and Mrs in the respective prefix fields, if provided in the project, and mark the Given Name fields blank. Information in the other fields will distinguish the 2 similar records.
Is that correct?0