Where do I go to find family search "getting started"?
I tried to go to https://www.familysearch.org/ask/gettingStarted but it was not found.
If you go to https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/myaccount?lang=eng
and, under "My Family Tree", click on "Getting Started"
your browser will try to take you to https://familysearch.org/ask/gettingStarted
but your browser will fail to find that page and you will receive an error message.
Regarding ' How do I get started;
We find the Help Center as part of FamilySearch one way to get you started.
You may not be familiar with the Help center.
At the top of any page on FamilySearch.org, click the Help icon (the small circle with the question mark inside of it).
- A drop-down menu appears. Click the option that you think is most relevant.
- Getting Started teaches you basic concepts for using the website and provides you with information in case you'd like to talk to someone in person about any questions you may have.
- Help Center brings you to the Help Center home page, where you can search all resources or browse by topic.
- Contact Us offers a variety of ways to reach FamilySearch Support.
- Community brings you to a place where you can collaborate with others who have similar interests in the challenging but rewarding work of genealogy. You can browse or ask or answer questions. You can also find and join groups on specific subjects.
- Research Wiki allows you to search through the compiled resources of the FamilySearch Research Wiki.
- Helper Resources links you to the Planner and other resources that you can use to help others with their family history.
- How do I change my username and password?
Thank you for the work you are doing in Family Tree and we wish you much success.0
While on FamilySearch, select the circle with the question mark in it in the upper right-hand corner. A box comes up and select the Help Center at the bottom. When that page comes up, scroll down about 2/3 of the way and you will see this. May you enjoy your journey working with your family history.0
Here is one of the new Getting Started pages: https://www.familysearch.org/gettingstarted/ You get to it by going to the help menu, choosing Help Center and scrolling to the bottom of the page.
Another is here: https://www.familysearch.org/tree/overview which you get to by clicking on the Family Tree in the top menu bar of every page and choosing Overview.
Others have reported other links on churchofjesuschrist.org that have not been updated to match the new FamilySearch pages. Maybe they are waiting for the FamilySearch updates to slow down and then will update the links all at once.1
The preceding posts should answer your question about the "Getting Started" pages in FamilySearch.
Another great resource is "The Family History Guide" which is an additional resource for help with FamilySearch.org. The guide contains free lessons to help you use FamilySearch.org. The content is provided by a FamilySearch partner. The guide is written in English and made available in other languages through Google Translate.