After Restoring Ordinances Lost In a Merge, Another Patron Immediately Reversed all the changes
An individual in FamilyTree was broken, probably because of a gender change, which caused all temple ordinances to be marked as “Not Available”. I found that in the past another copy of that person, which was not broken, was merged with the broken individual. I went through the effort of restoring the deleted unbroken individual, then moving all sources (more than 20) and reconnecting the five spouses and the parents to the restored person. I then also removed all sources and vital information from the broken copy, and marked the two as not the same, in an attempt to prevent another merge.
Within three days, another patron went through and undid all my changes, re-merging the two copies, and restoring the previous “not available” status. It seems like the sort of problem FS Support could easily repair without the several hours I and the other patron spent correcting and uncorrecting the problem with the only tools we have available.
In the past, when we could create cases, I could have done so with all the details. Without fail, within a few weeks, FS Support would take care of the issue. I assume this change was an attempt to allow the community to answer questions, that wouldn't then have to be queued up for Support to deal with. I will emphasize that I only used cases in the past for issues that only Support could deal with - never for something I could discuss with one community or another to get the right how to.
If support would contact me privately, I would be happy to provide all the details.
Note that I did try to politely contact the individual who undid my changes through both the FamilySearch messaging system and email, but have received no response at all.
Please See Private Message0
This message has been reposted in the correct forum, A&Q/Temple0