Viewing family tree
Can the ‘add spouse’ or ‘add child’ default box be removed from a family tree?
For example: A child born and died before getting to marriage age, does not need the ‘add spouse’ box besides there entry on the tree!!!
If you have also entered all children to a family why does it keep prompting to ‘add child’ to the tree??
Find this annoying!!
Thank you for bringing up items you notice in Family Tree:
May we recommend the following that may assist other quests that may visit this site.
How do I give feedback to FamilySearch?
Your feedback helps us improve our products.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and click Feedback. (This link is not visible on the Family Tree view or Memories Gallery.)
- A window appears. To give feedback, click Go to Discussion Board. (To create support case to solve a problem, fill in the Report a Problem section instead.)
- On the Ideas page, click the topic that best fits your questions or suggestion.
- You see recent posts. If you see one similar to your question or suggestion, you can click the title and add to the discussion.
- To submit a new question or suggestion, click New Idea.
- Give the idea a title and then enter your questions or suggestion in the main box. To help others find your idea, add tags. Click Save.
Our engineers love to hear feedback from patrons that use this wonderful website.
Thank you for the work you are doing in Family Tree and we wish you much success.0
Thanks for your reply. I understand it’s a default setting and that records may change but on other sites these are a manual option. I do not really want to see them attached to people in my tree.
My wife’s biological parents divorced many years ago, both remarried, one is now deceased, yet it still prompts me to add another child to their records!
My brother died aged 2, yet it prompts me to add a spouse!
No problem if this was just an option in the individual record, just don’t wish to see unnecessary and irrelevant boxes when viewing the tree.
Thanks again for your answer.0
Hi, As commented already, there is no way for those to be optional at the present. We would suggest you select "Ideas" on the left panel of community and share your thoughts and ideas on how this should work. THanks1
Hi, @ColinBullock1 As Wayland suggested above, your concerns matter in the FamilySearch Community. Once you create an idea it allows others to vote along with you. There is no guarantee that it could be changed presently but perhaps in the future. What cannot be done in the system today, may very well be doable in the future; and making suggestions is helpful and welcomed by the engineers.