Quick Tip: How to join a group
FamilySearch Community is a family history forum where you can get and give help. You can find a wide variety of groups to join. Groups focus on research, collaboration, and various family history topics.
- Go to FamilySearch Community and sign in with your FamilySearch account.
- On the top-right, click Groups.
- Find a group. Use one of these options:
- On the bottom-right of the main screen, click a category.
- Under All Groups browse the list of groups in the center of the screen.
- Above the list of groups, click in the Search Groups box and search by keywords.
- Click a group title.
- Scroll to find and click Join.
- If the group is public, a dialog box displays and asks if you want to join the group. If you want to join click OK. If not, click Cancel.
- If the group is private, a dialog box displays and asks you why you want to join the group. Enter your answer and click OK.
Once you have joined a group you can find it easily by clicking the My Groups link found in the Quick Links box located on the right-hand side of most pages in the community.