Resetting Password/Username using church membership number.
edited June 16, 2021 in FamilySearch Account
I am a member of the church and I have been unable to access my familysearch account. Can I reset my password/username using my church membership number?
Colin Ramsbottom mod
If you are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, you may be able to recover your FamilySearch username with your Church record number.
Here is an article for the FamilySearch Help Centre which give details on how to do this:0
Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints may be able to use their Church record number as a recovery option.
- In the upper right corner of the FamilySearch website, click Sign In.
- Do one of the following, depending on whether you have forgotten your username only, your password only, or both:
- Username only: Click username beneath the Password field.
- Password only: Click password beneath the Password field.
- Both: Click username beneath the Password field. Then, on the next screen, click the checkbox I do not remember my password.
- Select a recovery method based on information you provided during registration.
- Mobile: Enter your mobile number. A verification code goes to that number. Enter the verification code into the provided field, and click Continue.
- Email: Enter your email address. An email with all of the usernames associated with that email account comes to you. Open the email, and click the username that you want to use.
- Church Record Number: Enter your birth date and Church record number, and click OK.
- What happens next depends on whether you indicated that you forgot:
- Username only: The sign-in page reappears, with your username automatically filled in. You can now enter your password, and sign in. Or if you find that you also forgot your password, click password to reset your password.
- Password only: The option to reset your password appears.
- Both: The option to reset your password appears. Your username appears on the screen.
- If you need to reset your password, do this:
- Enter a new password.
- Verify the new password
- Click Reset.
If you need any help, ring your FamilySearch Support in your country with the free call number0