Skip to content

My Feeds

Groups Select

Clear

5th Sunday Presentations

Has or will anyone present a Temple and Family History Presentation on the 5th Sunday, May 30, 2021? Will probably be for us 50 minutes.

Best Answers

• Pam GrafPam Graf
    Accepted Answer

We did one a couple of years ago; we are going to do one later this year.

What we did for our last one: we taught them how to use the FH app. We showed them how to do the different activities (I had made a PowerPoint), how to see their contributions. I also wanted to spend time showing them how to do the "living people" in the "my contributions" to try to make sure they are really living - otherwise if you can prove they are deceased, you can release them into the "big tree." (Does that make sense?)

We were supposed to do one this May as well but things have happened that necessitated us to postpone. But here was our plan: earlier in the year we put together a list of "21 Family History Activities in 2021" which was a long list of suggested activities that could be quickly done but were meaningful. Our intention was to show people that family history can be little things, it doesn't have to be huge things. So we were going to use that second hour to show them how to do a few of the activities and hopefully help them be motivated to try them. We feel like if we can "dip their toes" in the water to find something fun or easy, they will be more likely to feel the Spirit of Elijah and do more on their own.

I tried to attach our list, but it's the wrong format for what is allowed in attachments, but if you or anyone else is interested in the list, you may email me at [email protected]

Pam

• Vince FullerVince Fuller ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I would like to have your "21 Family History Activities in 2021" list, if possible?

Thank you for your help

My I share your list with our Ward - Lakeshore Ward, Tempe South Stake.

My email: v.i.fuller1914@gmail.com