Skip to content

My Feeds

Groups Select

Clear

What is the best way to seperate two different families in Family Search

Peter Nicolaj Gregorius Petersen LCMD-F8N, has been given his brother Peter Olaus Joachim Petersen's LVNX-2HC wife and children. And temple work has already been completed for P.N.G.P. family that actually belongs to P.O.J.P.

PNGP's wife is listed as Jakobine Karoline Olsdatter Andestad LCTF-6QS, and POJP's wife is listed as Jacobine Marie Caroline Olsdatter Andestad G4BD-M1F.

I have found the official marriage record of the second couple. I'd like to merge G4BD-M1F and LCTF-6QS, and shift all the kids to the proper father. The children's official birth records list POJP as their father not PNGP.

This is a delicate task, and I don't want to lose any information in the process, and I'm not sure what will happen to all the sealings done to the incorrect father. Will we need to seal all the kids and wife to the correct father, or will that transfer over, and they know who they are in heaven, and I shouldn't worry about it? I've been working in this family line for 4 months, trying to find all original sources, and proofs.