Permission to do Ordinances
I would like help requesting permission to perform ordinances for my friend Kevin in the Temple.
@ Curtis Jeffrey Covington - Thank you for posting your question to FamilySearch : Community. I have pasted in an extract from a Help Centre article which I hope will answer your query.
"You can do ordinances for a deceased person who was born within the last 110 years. But you must meet certain requirements:
- The person must be deceased for at least 30 days (see Handbook section 28).
- You must be one of the close living relatives, or you must obtain permission from one of the close living relatives.
- If you are not the spouse or a child, parent, or sibling of the deceased, obtain permission from one of the close living relatives.
- The close living relatives are an undivorced spouse, an adult child, a parent, a brother, or a sister.
- Permission granted by a deceased person before death does not qualify. Permission must come from a close living relative.
- You need to be related to the deceased person. You can use the View My Relationship link on the Person page to confirm your relationship. (See the related article below for additional help with this feature.)
Consider and respect the wishes of close living relatives, especially a living spouse, and accept the answer you receive."
John L. Kennedy0
So I have been through the process and received permission from Kevin's mother. For more background information, I met Kevin while as a missionary serving on the University of Houston campus, and at the time he hadn't been to church in years. His parents are currently inactive, but we started meeting with Kevin a lot and helped him come back to church and eventually went to the Temple and did baptisms with him before I left the area. I found out about a year later that he tragically passed away in a swimming pool accident. He passed away in May 2021. I am requesting permission to be able to perform his initiatory and endowment. Thank you!0
Private message sent with an update on the issue. Please watch for a red dot near the envelope icon in the upper right-hand corner of this page.0
This is the correct place to place a query for permission to do temple work for a friend. Someone like Bryan54 will then contact you to work out details. Thanks so much.0