Changing an email address that shows in the Community
I can see a way to view my profile in the Community settings, but is there a way to change my email address that shows for the Community settings/profile?
If the thread about deleting one's Community account is anything to go by, then that email comes from somewhere in your main FS account, but I haven't a clue whether it'll update here if you change it there.0
I have seen the same thing. I cannot find a way to edit account information as it appears to be transferred from the information in my FamilySearch account. Julia, thank you for the reply.0
Click on your profile, then click on the edit button, when you open the edit button you can change your email and make sure to hit the save button.0
@Steve Walker16, please try that with a public (non-moderator) account. You will find that neither the username nor the email address can be modified in any way on one's Community profile editing page (https://community.familysearch.org/en/profile/edit).0
I will pass this limitation on. Hopefully we can get an answer. Thanks for letting us know.0
You can change your email address for Community through the main FamilySearch site settings.
- Click the FamilySearch icon to take you to the main FamilySearch site.
- Click your profile picture.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Account tab.
- Click the Edit link next to Password and Recovery.
- Change your email address to your preferred email..
- FamilySearch will pop-up a card telling you that they have sent a verification email to that new address. You now need to go to your mailbox, find that email and click on the verification link. It will take you to a web page that says you have verified your email and you can now sign in.
- Sign out of FamilySearch and sign back in. (You do NOT need to sign out of Community for this change to take effect.
Dear Sister Wilson,
Thank you for the reply. I appreciate your taking time to prepare the message you sent. I am able to change my information in FamilySearch but do emails for NASupport and had a guest ask if he could change his email address in the Community settings. Like your message referenced, I see that there is no way to change an email in the Community settings apart from the FamilySearch settings. Have a great day!
Elder Cris McBride
There is no way to have a different email in FamilySearch Community from the email address in FamilySearch. Username and email for FamilySearch Community are managed in the main FamilySearch settings.0