300 name limit
I always have round 300 names in my reservation list and have given printed cards to other family members or have shared with the temple. Now I have no names for myself when I go to the temple. I have understood, maybe incorrectly, that I can unshare with the temple and then print the cards I would like to take to the temple but FS will not allow me to unshare. Please clarify all of this. So many people are confused. Ward consultants are frustrated too. How do I print for myself names that I have shared with the temple?
As long as your personal reservation list is under 300, you should easily be able to unshare with the temple. But you probably cannot unshare more than what would put your personal list at 300.
What is the current number on your personal list? What happens if you try to unshare no more than 300 minus that number? I don't have any trouble moving names back and forth between my list and my shared with temple list.0
How do you "re share" names that were accidentally shared with the temple.0
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean when you say accidentally shared with the temple. Could you post the ID number for a person in such a situation? Then I can look at the ordinance page and see from my point of view what it looks like is going on. Also, could you say where you wish this name was?0
Dennis J Yancey ✭✭✭✭✭
You need to mark them and select "UNSHARE with temple"
but there is a max of 300 in your personal list of reservations. Im not sure what will happen when you try to UNSHARE and your personal list is already at 300.0
Your personal reservation list has to be under 300 for you to "unshare" names from the temple.0
It's interesting because I can't "unshare" but I have no names to take to the temple because I have to wait for "all" the shared work to be done for each of the 300 names before I can add new names. If I'm understanding that correctly, something doesn't seem right about that. I've learned the hard way to be careful about sharing. I don't have much incentive right now to search.0
Hello @Pat Heaton
You may be interested in the information provided in these knowledge articles - https://www.familysearch.org/en/help/helpcenter/article/reservation-limit
A quick solution for you to obtain names to take to the Temple is to use the Ordinance Ready feature -
I hope this information is useful to you.
Apparently to get help with your problem you are going to have to do one of the following:
- Find someone at your local Family History Center who understands the Temple pages and have that person show you what is going on.
- Find someone who can sign on as a helper to your account to look at what is going on.
- Set up a live help session with FamilySearch.
- Provide sufficient information for someone here to explain what you are seeing and how to work with your list.
If you want to use option 4, then the only way to clearly demonstrate your problem is to go to your Temple page and provide the following information:
- On the left hand side by My Reservations what is the number in the parenthesis?
- On the left hand side by Shared with Temple what is the number in the parenthesis?
- When on My Reservations, if you open the Filter side panel and click on Not Printed, what number appears in the box that says Filter that has turned blue?
- When on My Reservations, how many names are on the Available tab and how many on the Shared with Group tab?
- Looking at the Shared with Temple tab, on the first page of 50 names, how many have a check box in front of them and how many have a temple icon?
I am wondering if part of the confusion in this conversation is because of the many ways the word "shared" can be used. Getting the above specific information about where all the names you currently have reserved actually are should clarify the matter.0