Permission to do ordinances
The article below from the FamilySearch Help Center will asist you:
Can I request proxy temple ordinances for a friend?
Article Id: 926
April 20, 2020
"When submitting names for proxy temple ordinances, members should generally submit only the names of persons to whom they are related" (General Handbook: Serving in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 184.108.40.206).
Before you can request proxy temple ordinances for a friend to whom you are unrelated, you must submit signed permission from a close living relative of your friend.
A close living relative is an undivorced spouse (the spouse to whom the individual was married at the time of death), an adult child, a parent, or sibling. Please see the Church’s General Handbook, 220.127.116.11.
Before you start
Make sure that you have signed, written permission from one of your friend's close living relatives. We cannot accept signed, written permission from yourself or your deceased friend, it must be from the closest living relative. Word the written permission this way:
I, (name of person giving permission), give (your name) permission to do temple work in a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints temple, for (name of deceased), who is my (relationship to person giving permission). (Signature of person giving permission)
If your deceased friend has no close living relatives that can provide written permission, then a request cannot be granted.
- Add your deceased friend to Family Tree.
- Note your friend's ID number in Family Tree.
- Sign into FamilySearch Community
- Click FamilySearch Help tab.
- Click Temple.
- Click New Post (in Blue).
- Click Ask a Question.
- For the subject, enter Permission to do ordinances.
- Explain that you would like help about requesting ordinances for a friend.
- A community moderator will contact you privately. At this time, please be prepared to provide the following details:
- The Family Tree ID of the person for whom you want to perform ordinances.
- The full name of the person for whom you want to perform ordinances.
- The name of the person who gave permission and that person's relationship to the deceased.
How do I add an unconnected person to Family Tree?
What are ID numbers used for in Family Tree?
Individuals for whom I can request temple ordinances
I cannot find any close living relatives to grant permission for ordinances0