Permission to do ordinances
Thank you for posting your question in the Community. We are attaching a link to an article from the Help Center that will give you instructions for requesting ordinances for a friend.
Just follow the instructions in this article, and we will be able to forward your request to our Specialty Department for review.
I have followed the instructions and am at the part where it says:
- For the subject, enter Permission to do ordinances.
- Explain that you would like help about requesting ordinances for a friend.
- A community moderator will contact you privately. At this time, please be prepared to provide the following details:
- The Family Tree ID of the person for whom you want to perform ordinances.
- The full name of the person for whom you want to perform ordinances.
- The name of the person who gave permission and that person's relationship to the deceased.
I have the written permission, the friend and his wife have been added to Family Search and I have the Family Tree IDs and the names as the family provided them to me.
What is next please?
So sorry about the confusion. We are sending you a private message for more information. Please watch for the red dot on the bell in the upper right-hand corner of this website.
We are forwarding your request to our specialty team for review. This specialty team may contact you should they need further information.