I been having a problem with clicking on url when I do I am directed sign in again
the problem is when I click to sign in nothing happens when I click to sign in. If I click create a new account, the form to out a new account opens. I do not want to open a new account. I just want to be able to copy and paste the information to my computer.
We aren't showing any problem with the sign in feature. Try a different browser, and delete cookies and cache from your computer. Don't create a new account. Try our suggestions first, if you are still experiencing problems, please call 1-866-406-1830. That is our contact number.0
Are you saying that you are able to sign into Community (hence you were able to create this post) but you cannot sign into FamilySearch itself?
A number of people have reported that you are often required to sign into FamilySearch again even if you have been in recently. I have experienced this too. But I can sign in without a problem.
If this problem recurs, it may be an issue of a conflict between your computer and the FamilySearch website.
I suggest you try the following:
- Try again - there may have been a temporary glitch.
- Have you turned your computer off since last trying? If not then reboot.
- Try using a different browser
- Check that your browser is up-to-date (eg. for Chrome, click on the three vertical dots on the far right, click help, click About Google Chrome)
- Clear FamilySearch cookies - go to https://www.familysearch.org/cookies
- If all of the above do not work, try clearing all of your temporary files and cookies in your browser (for Chrome this is the 3 dots again, Settings, Security & Privacy, Clear browsing data).
Hopefully one of these will solve your problem.
I tried clearing the FamilySearch cookies, rebooting the computer and clearing all the temporary files in the browser. I still have the same issue. I notice if I access from Wikitree with the url I can access the files in FamilySearch but I can't access the files when I go from the details to sources click on to the url I am directed back to the sign in page.
I am a Windows 11 Laptop on Edge0
I suggest you try the support number @DebDT included above,0