Temple Family Group Reservations Suggestions
- The math is wrong on My Temple Reservations. It should show how many unassigned names I have on my temple reservation list after I have assigned names to the Family Groups or Shared with Temple. I understood that Family Groups would reduce the number of names on My Temple Reservations. There also seems to be a max number for each Family Group based on the number of members. It would be good to be able to see what the max is and how close I'm coming to it with the names I share.
- It would be helpful if there was a column showing the relationship so I can decide whether to share with the temple or keep it for the family. I've had to click every name and check the relationship on the popup to decide whether to keep it or share with the temple. However, the visual of seeing which line the person is in is also needed.
- There needs to be 'page advance arrows' at the top in addition to the one at the bottom of the screen.
- As I have been working to assign names to Family Groups, I realize I need another Family Group and want to reassign names from one group to another. There are no buttons to do this or any explanation. The button that exists says 'Reserve for Later' which doesn't mean anything to me. What is it for? What does it do?
- Please understand that some of us have great distances to a temple. Many of us are not pioneer stock and have thousands of names to reserve. And we have 'skin in the game' from hours of research and prayer. We are playing our part as Ephraimites and gathering Israel on the other side of the veil. I've had names shared with the temple, and the work doesn't get done very fast there either. Before the pandemic I had about 300 names shared with the temple for at least 2 years and very little was completed and now its two more years later. Therefore, I would suggest that when we are doing endowments in the temple, that we are allowed to represent maybe 5 people at a time in a session instead of only one. Or is there some way that we can drop some curtains in a stake center and have a temple session? Wouldn't there be enough temple workers in a stake to make this possible? Any temple I attend is a 7 to 8 hr round trip.
- There are many ordinances I have not attempted to reserve, hoping that someone more closely related will pick them up. Limiting us on reserving names seems counter productive to gathering Israel. We encourage people to be engaged in family history and then pull on the reins and say 'Whoa.'
I like the Family Groups, but wish there was more instruction. Thank you for your work.