Is my current 2 pages?
I am currently indexing the following batch: UK, England, Lancashire—Nonconformist Church Records, 1647–1996 [Part B][MSLY-72M]
At the bottom of the left hand column, under June 1805, the last entry is cut off. There are no months of July or August. The right column immediately starts with September and goes to November 1805 where the last entry on the page is again cut off.
When i look at the reference document immediately after my batch it includes the cut off entry on the left side and includes July and August 1805. The right column includes the cut off entry for November and then December 1805 and January 1806.
Do I index the reference document with all of the information or do i only index the page i currently have?
Melissa S Himes ✭✭✭✭✭
I was able to view the reference images on the film. This isn't a situation where the record spans two images. It is two photographs of the same page, but, not exactly the same - just as you described!
You do not need to worry about indexing the anything from Reference Image +1. The person who gets that batch will be indexing many of the same entries you have indexed. Between the two of you, everything will have been captured for all the names and there will be some duplicates created.1
You only index the page you have. Someone else will be indexing the entire reference document. It seems like a lot of extra work but that is what we are asked to do.1
The project instructions say:
- Some records in this project span 2 images. Be sure to view adjacent images before indexing to verify all fields are accurately indexed.
So if there is additional information for Wm Robinson on the next image you would include that information on your entry 38. You would then go back to the top of column 2 on your image an continue indexing. The same thing would apply to the last cut off entry in column 2.
The general guidelines state:
What to Do When Records Span 2 Images or to View Additional Images
- If the first record on an image begins on a previous image, don't index it. The record will be indexed as part of the previous batch. Start indexing at the first complete record.
- If the last record on an image continues to the next image, index the entire record, including what continues to the next image.
- To see the next image while continuing to index information for the current image, do the following:
1. In the top corner of the image window, in the vertical toolbar, click the Reference Images
2. Below the screen on the right, click a thumbnail next to the image you are currently indexing.
3. Index the record while viewing both images at the same time.
4. To exit split screen mode, in the vertical toolbar, click the Reference Images