I am leaving FamilySearch. Too many bugs, dead ends & failed searches. Very clunky?
With 20+ years of research, I find this site to be more of a hindrance than help.
That is sad, but understandable, it can be frustrating.
A suggestion would be to export your records to another system which many people have iand run n parallel. As you are probably aware this is a global share tree with collaborative input to work together, this can result in challenges.
FamilySearch is a HUGE resource for locating ancestors which remains an extremely valuable asset for genealogy.
If however, you are referring in your statement to the recent and ongoing changes to improve the functionality, then perhaps consider utilising the resources which may help you learn about the new features.
This reply may not be adequate, if not then would you be willing to provide some specific aspects which are causing you concern?
We would prefer you stay and add to the HUMAN TREE. It is free and will be here forever with multiple backups of the information. While it may not provide an expert of your qualifications all that you need, but your contributions help others who may not be as proficient.
A Knowledge Article (KA) found in the Help (circle with ?) provides the following"
The overall purpose of Family Tree is to help you discover your family and, in turn, discover a bit about yourself.
- Family Tree is different from other similar genealogy sites in that it is a single, public tree linked together in families, rather than a site that only allows users to create and manage their own private trees. This distinction means that everyone works together on the same data, allowing for the potential to connect every member of the human family.
- Family Tree compares records and sources in order to help you resolve mistakes or duplication in records. It also provides messaging and collaboration tools, as well as free expert phone support, to help you resolve errors.
- Family Tree draws from FamilySearch's enormous database to provide record hints. This makes it easier to link you and your ancestors to earlier generations.
- The Memories section can help foster deeper connections to ancestors. It provides a place where you can preserve and share photos and histories.
- We want Family Tree to be accessible to as many people as possible. You can view it through a variety of means, including on mobile devices, with the Family Tree and Memories apps, or in areas with low bandwidth, with the Family Tree Lite website.
It is our hope that, through Family Tree, we can work together to create the best-sourced, public genealogical family tree in the world and allow family members to connect both in the past as well as the present.1
Great feedback for FamilySearch and despite the occasional issues. FamilySearch offers many significant benefits and offers a HUGE resource at zero cost for the guests and users1