Our Portal is not working, our stake IT-person does not have time.
could any of you help me how to setup the portal?
Thank you for reaching out in the community concerning setting up the Portal in your FHC. There are several things that need to be done and known.
Here are the steps.
- On the browser toolbar, click the Menu icon on the far right (looks like three dots).
- Click Settings.
- On the left, click On startup.
- Click in the circle to select Open a specific page or set of pages, and click Add a new page.
- Enter https://www.familysearch.org/fhcenters/portal in the box, and click Add.
- To add a home button to the menu bar, under Appearance, toggle the Show Home button switch.
Important Note: You must be using the browser extension in order to use premium websites or view restricted historical records content. Currently that extension is only available in the Chrome browser.
If you feel that you do not have the Chrome extension. You can follow the following instructions:
This Chrome browser extension allows users at family history centers of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to access premium websites, including free access to many subscription genealogical sites. To use this browser extension on the family history center computer, do the following:
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Install the browser extension from the web store at: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/family-history-center-pre/kpmeinlohefglphoflpoblpphppnokap?hl=en&authuser=0
- In the upper right corner of the web store page, click the Add to Chrome button.
- On the Add Family History Center Premium Content screen, (where it says "It can read and change all your data on the websites you visit"), click Add extension.
- Next to the search bar, click the puzzle icon, named Extensions.
- Click the Pin icon next to Family History Center Premium Content, to pin it to the search bar.
- Click the grey circle icon (appears next to Family History Center Premium Content) to enable the extension.
- You will see a green circle icon when the computer is connected to the proxy. Otherwise you will see a grey icon when the extension is unable to find the family history center that the computer is located in.
Here is the reference url.
Further information can be found in the Help Center on FamilySearch.
I hope this is helpful. Should you need further assistance, please respond or call.0
you are a Hereo,
Thank you Jeremy Karssen,
I am always excited when I can help a FHC.
Press forward and know that we are here to assist you.0