Quick Tip: Adjust your Notifications and Bookmark
Caleb L mod
edited December 2, 2021 in Community News
Adjust your personal notification settings to receive an email notification or just be notified via pop up in the community when you bookmark a discussion that interests you.
Adjusting Notification Settings
To change your personal notification settings:
- Log into the community
- Click Edit Profile in the top right corner
- Select “Notification Preferences”
- Scroll down and enable the following preferences
- Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.
- Notify me when people @mention me.
- Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.
- You can choose between whether you would like to receive an email notification or just be notified via pop up in the community when a post as been updated. If you do not spend a lot of time in the community it might be better to start off with both the pop up and the email notifications enabled so you make sure you have been notified. If you feel like you are starting to receive to many emails you can always come back and adjust your notification settings or refine the list of items you have bookmarked.
Bookmarking discussions will allow you to better collaborate and keep up to date on projects, discussions, and other activities in the community. .
- Select the discussion you would like to follow.
- In the top right corner of the discussion box you will see a bookmark icon. Click that icon. It will change colors letting you know that from now on you will receive notifications around that discussion.
- You can quickly access your bookmarks at any time by clicking "My Bookmarks" located in the "Quick Links" area found on the right column of any community page.