Partially Readable Given Names
I was working on indexing, and ran into an issue where there are two given names, and the first one is clear as day, but the second given name is unreadable. The question is: Should I just add the legible first given name, and leave the second given name off? mark the whole thing unreadable? or something else?
There is a section in general instructions that cover this:
Some information may be difficult to read because of damage to a document or other factors. You can represent unreadable information in various ways, depending on how much information is unreadable.
- One character
- If you are unable to read 1 letter or number, use a question mark (?) to replace the unreadable letter or number.
- Example: H?ndley
- Multiple characters
- For consecutive unreadable letters or numbers, use an asterisk (*) to replace the unreadable group of letters or numbers.
- Example: Di*son
- One field
- When all of the information for an indexing field is unreadable, to mark the field as Unreadable, click in the field, and press Ctrl+U, or on the indexing toolbar, click the
- Entire record
- When all of the information in an entire record is unreadable, including the name, date, and any information for other required fields, to mark the record as Unreadable, press Ctrl+Shift+U.
- Entire image
- If none of the information to be indexed on the image is readable, mark it in Step 1: Images as No, No Extractable Data.
hope this helps0
Would you share the Shared Batch code so we can look at this? The code is at the end of the Project name above the document window. It is in brackets and starts with the letter 'M'.0