MANAGING ORDINANCE CARDS UNDER THE TEMPLE ICON OF FAMILY SEARCH
THIS TASK IS THE MOST CONFUSING MIXED-UP TASK POSSIBLE. I HAD SEVERAL BAPTISM AND CONFIRMATION ORDINANCES DONE YESTERDAY. NOW I WISH TO PRINT OUT THE CARDS FOR THE INITATORY AND OTHER ORDINANCES. IT IS MOST DIFFICULT TO DO. TRUE I CAN GET A LIST OF RECENT ORDINANCES BUT THE TROUBLE IS TRYING TO REPRINT THE CARDS FOR THE INITATORY. EXAMPLE. LOOK AT ENTRY HIRAM SPALLINGER KLV4-RNN. FAMILY SEARCH STATES THAT THE CARD IS PRINTED FOR INITATORY. BUT IT IS NOT. THAT CARD IS KJEPT BY THE TEMPLE, FINE. BUT WHY DOES IT HAVE SO DIFFICULT TO PRINT A FRESH CARD WORKING IN FAMILY SEARCH --TEMPLES. THANKS, WHAT CAN RESULT IS A MIXUP ON PRINTED CARDS AND I OFTEN FIND I HAVE TWO CARDS PIRNTED. WHEN THE TEMPLE DESK RETAINS THE ORDINANCE CARD IT NEEDS TO BE PRINTED AGAIN FOR FURTHER ORDINANCES, NOT SAY IT IS PRINTED. KEN OLER
Thanks so much for your time to review and answer my concrn. I have printednew cards for the initatory ordinance now that the B and C are done. But I feel certain before I sorted out and printed the new cards for those ordinances the listing said that a card was printed for the I and E now with B and C done. that was what was confusing to me. The temple recorded the B and C and of course kept the card so I well realized I had to print new cards for the I and other ordinances. No need to respond. I will do some ordinances next week and see how it goes. Ken Oler0
i JUST ASKED A QUESTIOPN. IT PROMPTED TO SAVE AS A DRAFT. I WISH TO SUBMIT THIS QUESTION. ???0
THIS TASK IS THE MOST CONFUSING MIXED-UP TASK POSSIBLE. I HAD SEVERAL BAPTISM AND CONFIRMATION ORDINANCES DONE YESTERDAY. NOW I WISH TO PRINT OUT THE CARDS FOR THE INITATORY AND OTHER ORDINANCES. IT IS MOST DIFFICULT TO DO. TRUE I CAN GET A LIST OF RECENT ORDINANCES BUT THE TROUBLE IS TRYING TO REPRINT THE CARDS FOR THE INITATORY. EXAMPLE. LOOK AT ENTRY HIRAM SPALLINGER KLV4-RNN. FAMILY SEARCH STATES THAT THE CARD IS PRINTED FOR INITATORY. BUT IT IS NOT. THAT CARD IS KJEPT BY THE TEMPLE, FINE. BUT WHY DOES IT HAVE SO DIFFICULT TO PRINT A FRESH CARD WORKING IN FAMILY SEARCH --TEMPLES. THANKS, WHAT CAN RESULT IS A MIXUP ON PRINTED CARDS AND I OFTEN FIND I HAVE TWO CARDS PIRNTED. WHEN THE TEMPLE DESK RETAINS THE ORDINANCE CARD IT NEEDS TO BE PRINTED AGAIN FOR FURTHER ORDINANCES, NOT SAY IT IS PRINTED. KEN OLER0
Your question will be forwarded to a temple category for review and assistance. You may be contacted by that team if they need more information.0
Let me see if I can assist you with Hiram
In looking at his ID in FamilySearch his initiatory, endowment and Sealing to parents indicate that those ordinances are in process and that it is reserved by you. It does not indicate that any of those ordinances have been printed. The color coding are the same color but the initiatory has not yet been printed. It does look like you can request the sealing to spouse for Hiram so that is exciting.
There is a new way to filter from your temple reservation list. Here are 2 articles about that: https://www.familysearch.org/en/help/helpcenter/article/how-do-i-filter-my-family-names-list
Also, since you indicated that you just did the baptism and confirmation ordinances for several family members you will see a red dot by the bell icon in the top right of FamilySearch. I find that a helpful way to go in and print out the next ordinances for the people. When you click on the bell icon then click on temple and then view ordinances of those ordinances that you just completed. Then you can print the next ordinance card for them. That information remains in the bell icon for 7 days and is a quick access. I go in and print the ordinance cards right from there. After 7 days you can still find them by going to your Reserved temple list and using the filter options to find what you want to print out next. https://www.familysearch.org/en/help/helpcenter/article/do-i-receive-a-notification-when-temple-ordinances-were-done-for-people-that-i-follow-in-family-tree
It also appears on Hiram's person page that there are several research hints that you can attach for Hiram and his family. There are census records, marriage records and death information.
Here are some articles that will assist you in attaching those research hints. https://www.familysearch.org/en/help/helpcenter/article/what-are-research-helps-in-family-tree
Hopefully these articles and explanation will help you. If you are near a Family History Center or have a family history consultant in your ward or stake they can help you as well.
Thank you for contacting FamilySearch. It has been a pleasure helping you.
We are here to help you in any way we can and want your experience with FamilySearch to be a positive one. Best wishes and success in continuing your family history research.0
Did you go to your Temple list, click on his name, and follow the steps below:
- Sign into FamilySearch and click Temple.
- Click My Reservations.
- To the left of each name whose card you want to print, click the box. You can select up to 45 family names at one time. Please select an amount you can finish in a reasonable amount of time.
- At the top of your list, click the blue Print button.
- Click Print Family Name Cards.
- Click to uncheck the box for each ordinance that you do not want to include on the family name card.
- To remove contact information on cards, click Show Contact Information on Family Name Cards. The option is on by default.
- Click Continue.
- Read the instructions, and then click Continue.
- The system creates your family name cards and displays them as a PDF file in another tab in your browser. If the PDF does not appear, take these steps:
- Make sure that your pop-up blocker allows pop-ups.
- Make sure that Adobe Reader is installed on your computer.
- Print the family name cards using the print feature of your browser. On most browsers, click File, and then click Print.
- If cards did not print, check for problems:
- Is the printer on?
- Does the printer have paper?
- Are the printer cables correctly secured?
- Did you have a paper jam or other printer malfunction?
- A message asks you to confirm that the cards printed.
- If they printed, click Yes. If they did not, and you do not want to try again, click No. If you try again and still cannot get your request to print from your computer, sign out, and try again later. If your printer does not work, use a printer at the home of a friend, or at the local family history center.
We hope this helps.0