Middx, England 1602 - names and surnames help
Hello - I wonder if anyone could give me an opinion of entries, 7, 8 and 31 (7th April)
Many thanks, Pam
Hello Pamela Hill7
Thank you for indexing this challenging records. I tried to discern the surname of line 7, is unreadable, in line 8 could be Salyben Werndon, and for line 31 I was not able to read it, making changes on the image contrast or brightness.
The project instruction in the general indexing guidelines indicates about Unreadable Information.
Some information may be difficult to read because of damage to a document or other factors. You can represent unreadable information in various ways, depending on how much information is unreadable.
- One character
- If you are unable to read 1 letter or number, use a question mark (?) to replace the unreadable letter or number. Example: H?ndley
- Multiple characters
- For consecutive unreadable letters or numbers, use an asterisk (*) to replace the unreadable group of letters or numbers. Example: Di*son
- One field
- When all of the information for an indexing field is unreadable, to mark the field as Unreadable, click in the field, and press Ctrl+U, or on the indexing toolbar, click the
Thank you again for indexing these records. Hope we have answered your question.0
7) Seems Marye was taken from Richards property. I'd write J*, for her last name.
8) First name: Sabyven or Saby?en Last name: Maulden
31) I'd stick with *ner, though it seems there's an "e" before the n.0
This is a tricky batch and I don't think I can add much to what you've already got but this is what I can make out:
7. Mary (can’t make out the other names), christened ? November 1602 (I think it’s more likely 28th than 18th but I’d probably blank the day)
8. Saly?n daughter of Thomas Maulden, christened 12th Dec 1602 (probably Salyan but the ‘a’ is not clear enough to be sure)
31. William son of John *ner, christened 17th April 16030
Hello and a big thank you to you all!