Why are there so many batches that crash the website upon trying to open them?
Due: 4 Oct 2021
België, Provincie Antwerpen—Burgerlijke Stand, 1851–1910 [Deel C][MM98-T12]
This is one of the batches I am trying to work on opening crashes every time.
Thank you for your question. I was able to open batch MM98-T12 with no problem. Some housekeeping tips might be in order i.e., make sure your browser is up-to-date--Chrome is the preferred browser. Also, delete all temporary internet files along with familysearch.org/cookies. If this problem persists, please call us at 1-866-406-1830. Thank you for your dedication.0
We were able to open the batch with no issue. You might try some housekeeping steps. If none of these help let us know so we can try something else.
- Reset your FamilySearch only cookies by going to this link. familysearch.org/cookies and say yes.
- Go completely out of your computer then back in.
- Switch browsers to see if that helps. It often does. After a few days you could check to see if your previous browser still has issues.
- Make sure your browser is up to date.
- Try another computer to see if you have the same issues still.
I tried all of your suggestions and the batches work on my computers, but sometimes I only have my iPad. It really seems hit and miss with my iPad. Sometimes the batch will open and I can be working and it just randomly crashes and sometimes the batch just crashes right at the start and some other projects work just fine.0