Is Asbury Town Neck UMC Cemetery the correct cemetery?
Most if not all of the Billion Graves memorials shown as being at Asbury Town Neck UMC Cemetery are also shown on Find A Grave. However, in some cases Billion Graves burials and Find A Graves burials are in conflict.
The following examples are offered:
- Sadie G. Day (1907 - 1988) is shown by Find A Grave as being at Carpenters Hill Cemetery, Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
- James N. Day (1903 - 2000) - same conflict.
- Ruby Dloies Day (death 1930) - same conflict.
- Rosabel Day (1930 - 2004) - same conflict.
- Florence V. Day (1926 - 1984) - same conflict.
- There could be other examples. Hope this helps.
- Best, Carl and Mary Ella
- Phone: (352) 237-8379. Email: [email protected]
886EZLContact ID ✭✭✭
I Googled: "cemeteries near Asbury Town Neck United Methodist Church 429 Asbury Drive
3, Anne Arundel, Maryland, United States"
and the search came up with the Carpenters Hill Cemetery among some other local cemeteries.
It looks to me like the "Asbury Town Neck United Methodist Church" is the church responsible for the cemetery but the actual cemetery is 32 minutes or 1.5 miles to the south.
So Billion Graves is telling us the address of the church but FindAGrave is telling us the name of the actual cemetery.
Hope this helps. Here is an image of the church and cemetery on Google Maps:
You may want to contact BillionGraves to ask them why the church is given instead of the cemetery.
How I resolve this type of problem is:
- Research it by looking up the cemetery records directly.
- Write it up and post the write up on https://www.familysearch.org/research/places
Both cemeteries are in Anne Arundel County and the local genealogical society has a cemetery lookup tool and contact information on https://aagensoc.org/cemeteryRecords.php0